Joseph's House Café strives to provide a hospitable environment for homeless people who need a safe and warm place to stay overnight. The primary goal of the Café is to build relationships with Café guests that will lead to pathways out of homelessness.
Our volunteers are an integral part of the team at Joseph's House. We thank you for your interest in supporting the work we do. Below is a description of what you can expect as a volunteer at the Café.
The ideal volunteer is hospitable, non-judgmental, compassionate, and open to the volunteer experience.
Outline of Volunteer Duties:
• Assist the Program Coordinator and/or Assistant Program Coordinator with greeting guests and serving a meal for 80 people
• Assist in the kitchen with simple food preparation, service, and clean up
• Meet Café guests and engage in conversation
• Assist with meeting the needs of our guests
• Assist with general clean up
• Volunteer hours are 8:30 PM-10:30 PM