February 2015 e-newsletter
Happy Anniversary from Joseph's House! On January 21, we quietly celebrated our one year anniversary of operations here on Atlantic Avenue. There have been so many blessings this past year.
Here are a few:
- Between January 21, 2014 and January 20, 2015, 1,310 individuals were guests at Joseph's House.
- In 2014, we made 940 referrals for services for our guests. Because of these referrals, along with the work of our staff and partner agencies, 240 people moved on from Joseph's House to places and programs that have improved their lives.
- In just the past three months, 55 guests were linked to the Camden County Board of Social Services here in our building, 112 received medical services in our health clinic, 99 were connected to mental health services, 128 with addiction services, 25 with legal services, and 79 with Veterans services.
- In 2014, over 200 people volunteered at Joseph's House. They met our guests, learned about our mission, and hopefully were enriched by our spirit.
- We have received many, many donations of food, clothing, toiletries, and other necessities for our guests. Thank you.
Good things are happening in the lives of our guests. Carol, a former guest at Joseph's House, wrote to me, "Because of Joseph's House I am able to get the medical help I need and I've reunited with a family member and now have a home. I had all the time I needed at Joseph's House and lots of opportunities to talk with staff and counselors. I'm so thankful the opportunities were there for me." Another guest, Juan, has been with us for four months now. He's been battling pain from a physical disability and the loneliness and anxiety of mental illness. Juan is a courageous gentleman who is honest with staff and with himself. A quiet guy for sure, even gentle, but a man of great strength who works hard each day to stay positive, meet with his counselors and take each day as it comes. We believe in Carol, Juan and in our other guests as well. Everyone's situation in life can change. We're honored to share their journeys.
We're here, we're present to our community and I look forward to the work before us. Thank you all for your support of Joseph's House. It truly makes a difference. I am proud to stand with each of you and I thank God for the opportunity to share in his holy work.
Copyright © Joseph's House of Camden, All rights reserved.
Our mailing address is:
Joseph's House of Camden
555 Atlantic Avenue
Camden, NJ 08104