Joseph's House strives to provide a hospitable environment for homeless people who need a safe and warm place to stay overnight. The primary goal is to build relationships with the guests that will lead to pathways out of homelessness.
Our volunteers are an integral part of the team at Joseph's House. We thank you for your interest in supporting the work we do. Below is a description of what you can expect as a volunteer at JHOC.
The ideal volunteer is hospitable, non-judgmental, compassionate, and open to the volunteer experience.
Outline of Volunteer Duties:
- Assist the JHOC teamwith greeting guests and serving a meal for 80 people
- Assist in the kitchen with simple food preparation, service, and clean up
- Meet the guests and engage in conversation
- Assist with the various needs of our guests
- Assist with general clean up
- Volunteer hours are 8:30 PM-10:00 PM
To volunteer, please contact Shaniqua Nobles at 856-246-1087 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Our building is located off Exit 4 on Rt. 676 at 555 Atlantic Avenue, Camden, NJ 08104.